Power Hour: Medical Marijuana in Missouri-- New Law Brings Question for Employers
Name: Power Hour: Medical Marijuana in Missouri-- New Law Brings Question for Employers
Date: January 15, 2019
Time: 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM CST
Registration: Register Now
Description: Missouri voters approved Amendment 2 on November 6, 2018, one of the three medical marijuana measures appearing on the state’s ballot. Amendment 2 adds an article to the Missouri Constitution legalizing medical use of marijuana for qualifying patients and allowing people who qualify to grow their own plants. With a new law comes new questions about how this development will affect workplaces across the state. Attend this Power Hour to get answers to the following questions:
- What Is Amendment 2?
- Do I Have to Let My Employees Work While High?
- Can Employees Consume Marijuana at Work?
- Can I Still Drug Test Applicants and Employees?
- Is There A Way to Test Employees for Marijuana “Impairment” Or “Influence”?
- Is Medical Marijuana Use A Reasonable Accommodation in Missouri?
- When Will the New Law Take Effect?
This session is presented by Lauren Sobaski, an attorney and associate at Fisher Phillips in Kansas City, MO. Lauren focuses her practice on employment discrimination and related litigation, employment law training, drafting policies and procedures, and wage and hour law.
Prior to engaging in the practice of law, Lauren spent 15 years in human resource management. This experience gives her a unique insight into the employment law matters that are most important to her clients.