Sales Representative - Packaging & Assembly
The Sales Representative is responsible to improve Job One Packaging and Assembly market position and achieve financial growth through the development and execution of a growth strategy to include securing new, profitable business, as well as maintaining and growing key accounts. This role will report to the Vice President-Operations as well as work directly with key members of the leadership staff to ensure new business is streamlined into the existing workflow seamlessly. This position is responsible for the entire sales cycle from lead generation to closing business deals with strong emphasis on sales to manufacturers, packaging companies, warehouse operations, fulfillment companies, and consumer products firms. Collaborate with VP of Operations to establish and implement sales strategies, to achieve objectives that align with Job One’s strategic plan. Monitor and report on sales in relation to goals.
Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing, Business or related. Experience may be substituted.
Minimum one-year sales experience, preferably outside business-to-business.
Demonstrated ability to prospect, close and manage new accounts.
Strong relationship building, networking, prospecting, and customer service skills.
Proven track record of achieving sales quotas and revenue targets.
Demonstrated excellence in organizational and interpersonal skills.
Excellent written, oral, and communication skills.
Customer Relationship Management and Reporting
MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet
Social Media Networking skills to include LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Knowledge of packaging and assembly businesses and/or sheltered workshops, but not required. Experience working with people with developmental disabilities preferred, but not required.
Possession of valid state driver’s license and vehicle insurance with clean and safe driving record for at least 3 years.
Affirmative drug and alcohol screening.
Affirmative criminal/abuse background check.
Must pass government security clearance if required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop a thorough understanding of Job One’s mission, vision, values, team, and services.
- Meet sales revenue and other targeted goals as outlined by Management.
- Generate action plan to identify prospects and cultivate new leads..
- Prepare presentations, proposals and service agreements and present to management.
- Generate and follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity and qualified leads.
- Present and sell company services of Packaging and Assembly with a consultative approach.
- Develop and utilize variety of styles to persuade, negotiate, overcome objections and develop positive conclusions.
- Keep current with Department of Labor and Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education requirements, compliance laws, industry and market area trends, products, and competitors.
- Utilize market and competitive knowledge to identify and develop Job One’s differentiators and unique value proposition.
- Report progress and results from sales calls, networking events, and field activity, including potential new jobs/customers, trends and the competitive environment.
- Work closely with Director of Business Development and follow up on warm leads generated from within Job One.
- Communicate with VP of Operations regarding new customers and plant tours.
- Build and manage customer relationships effectively; resolve customer concerns; keep current with customers and their needs.
- Build and foster a network of referrals.
- Keep CRM database current
- Collaborate with other sales and marketing staff within Job One-sharing prospects and leads as appropriate especially with Shred One and Job One Staffing.
- Participate in networking events, such as chamber events, trade shows and community activities.
- Required reports and documentation are submitted accurately and timely.
- Review and analyze sales efforts weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Sound judgment is used in making decisions.
- Provide a positive company image to customers, co-workers, employees, board members, the community and the general public.
- Exhibit support and adherence to the P.E.O.P.L.E Values Statement.
- Serve on the Job One Board Marketing and Business Development Committee
- Serve on the ‘Top Line’ business development team.
*Pay and bonus are negotiable and commensurate with experience